~Groovin' With Soccamom~


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It is about me:
click
    follow me on Twitter

    My Bloginality is INFJ
    www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Soccamom. Make your own badge here.





    It's History
    01.04 02.04 03.04 04.04 05.04 06.04 07.04 08.04 09.04 10.04 11.04 12.04 01.05 02.05 03.05 04.05 05.05 06.05 07.05 08.05 09.05 10.05 11.05 12.05 01.06 02.06 03.06 05.06 06.06 07.06 08.06 09.06 10.06 11.06 12.06 01.07 02.07 05.07 04.08 11.08 06.11 01.12






    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Fluff
    Today is more of a fluff day. A small entry to prove that I am still alive and thinking. Too many times throughout the week some thought crosses my mind and I spend a few minutes polishing that thought to a gleaming nugget. An idea for a blog entry. Unfortunately too often these moments occur away from the keyboard thus never coming to fruition.

    At the moment I feel very much on the brink. I feel as if I am waiting for so many things that nothing can progress until all of these issues are resolved. My husband and I are both awaiting info regarding new jobs. True, he is much further along in the process than I as I've yet to even have my interview, but we are both hopeful. I'm loathe to post too much as I am a little superstitious and don't really want to ruin my chances although what I really want to do is babble relentlessly about it.

    This past weekend my parents came bearing gifts and stayed nearly twice as long as I'd anticipated...almost 2 hours (thats total for the visit.) Mom is such a homebody and its hard to get her out of her home. Its truly her sanctuary and the place from whence she draws her peace. Each year for Christmas my parents buy a cow (bear with me here) which gets split between themselves, my sister's family and our family. Having that much beef on hand really makes for a great help although I cant help sometimes but covet the cash that it takes to purchase and process this bounty.

    So this year the Chistmas cow was ready in March and my parents brought a small portion of our share to us. We have a rather small spare freezer and I wasnt sure how much I could take this time around. It turns out she brought a very good amount as I still have freezer space and also have enough space to actually see what I have. We grilled ribeyes Saturday and all agreed that it was delish.

    They also brought us a refridgerator. My parents always have 3-one in the kitchen, one in the basement kitchen and one in the garage. Well, the main refridgerator took a dump so Mom bought a new one -stainless steel. When it arrived at her home she decided she didn't like it and the crooks at the store wouldnt take it back saying it had depreiciated like a car. So what does Mrs Practical do? She buys another fridge---from the same people! So, the new fridge goes downstairs, the new new fridge goes in the main kitchen and the perfectly good other fridge from the basement goes to the garage. That leaves the garage fridge for us. Don't get me wrong; we were happy to have it. This one truly is a garage fridge complete with one of those little freezers that frosts up all the time. Quite a time, I must say. My dad got the fridge loaded into Grandpa's pickup himself but needed a hand getting it unloaded. Yes, thats my dad who while in high school wrestled a bear-and won.

    Well, as I mentioned, this is a fluff piece. You were warned.