~Groovin' With Soccamom~


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It is about me:
click
    follow me on Twitter

    My Bloginality is INFJ
    www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Soccamom. Make your own badge here.





    It's History
    01.04 02.04 03.04 04.04 05.04 06.04 07.04 08.04 09.04 10.04 11.04 12.04 01.05 02.05 03.05 04.05 05.05 06.05 07.05 08.05 09.05 10.05 11.05 12.05 01.06 02.06 03.06 05.06 06.06 07.06 08.06 09.06 10.06 11.06 12.06 01.07 02.07 05.07 04.08 11.08 06.11 01.12






    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Oh Blackwater, keep on rolling...
    Nah, this isn't about the Doobies. :-) Its more about the hit and run I made on a buddies journal. I can't justify replying to someone's journal stating that I didn't want certain things to appear in my own. Forgive the muddle...I usually think these out better.

    Anyone who knows me knows that I keep my political and also religious views fairly close to the vest. I'm not the type who thrives on a lively debate on controversial issues but rather likes to gather information from various areas and form my own opinion. I love hearing and reading about various thoughts and views and I must say that most of my friends do have thoughts and opinions that I am very eager to hear.

    Another thing you may not...well you do not know about me is I was at one point in my life a huge Vietnam buff. Not a war fan, but I had a huge interest in many things regarding that time era. I'm sure it was brought about by the fact that I was at one time or another involved with 3 different men who were there. (Yep, I like them a wee bit older than myself.) The other thing thats always in the back of my mind is that "they" are always out there. Who are "they?" I don't know. "They" are whoever "they" need to be at any given time depending upon who "they" are watching. No, I'm not insane or even unbalanced. I dont have a bomb shelter nor do I stockpile provisions. I just believe in watching over my shoulder whenever I can.

    This all only slightly relates to tonight's topic but here is why I explain myself. Like I said, I'm not one to really divulge my inner self regarding politics. I don't think anyone in the world ever knows who I plan to vote for or who I've ever voted for in the past. Well, maybe I've told a couple of people but its usually after the fact and never really discussed in great detail.

    Oh I'm rambling further from the point rather than circling in to it.

    I'm not going to circle anymore. It just bugs the shit out of me about these "civilian contractors."
    When this story first broke, we heard about these 4 innocent men who were independant contractors sent to Fallujah to help in the rebuilding process. We later learn that they were ex special ops. All four of guys were retired special ops soldiers working for a security consulting company whose name itself means special ops. The treatment they received is exactly what those kind of "contractors" get when they are found out. Do I condone it? No. Do I feel for the families of the...victims? Yes. I dont want to see or hear about people being tortured, burned and dragged thru the streets, but lets get it in perspective. Shooting them as spies would be any more or less humane? No, but really. What were they doing there?