~Groovin' With Soccamom~


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It is about me:
click
    follow me on Twitter

    My Bloginality is INFJ
    www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Soccamom. Make your own badge here.





    It's History
    01.04 02.04 03.04 04.04 05.04 06.04 07.04 08.04 09.04 10.04 11.04 12.04 01.05 02.05 03.05 04.05 05.05 06.05 07.05 08.05 09.05 10.05 11.05 12.05 01.06 02.06 03.06 05.06 06.06 07.06 08.06 09.06 10.06 11.06 12.06 01.07 02.07 05.07 04.08 11.08 06.11 01.12






    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    The Weekender
    This past weekend my daughter was invited to a sleepover birthday party by one of her friends at her former school. Actually Emily's mother called me and we worked out the details since it was to be a surprise. It was tough but we kept the secret on our end even when Em called herself. We devised a fictitious soccer tournament in Ohio to keep the ruse up. It turned out quite nicely and my little princess was able to see a lot of her buddies. It made me realize that even though she is acclimating to this new town and school those girls are the ones she's grown up with and they still seemed to come first in her heart. I was glad she got to go.

    The hubby had to work on Saturday so it turned out to be a gal's weekend away. We had decided that it would have been stupid for me to drive all the way there and return home just to do the whole thing over the next day so I made arrangements to stay at my parents for Saturday night. I had also made plans to pop by my friend Anita's house to visit. She and her newish hubby bought this house nearly a year ago and I still hadnt been over to visit so this would be the perfect opportunity.

    Let me tell you, it was quite a visit. The door opens right into the dining room so I left my jacket on a dining chair and my flat bottomed purse on the table then we went off to take the grand tour. I won't go on and on about the house other than to say it had a funky smell and housekeeping doesnt seem to be a strong point. Actually, thats not completely fair. The main areas were tidy enough with the real mess being in the 3 bedrooms belonging to her kids and to the extra room used as a playroom. The furniture, however, really was stained and very smelly. I dreaded sitting on it knowing as I did that her dogs habitually expelled all sorts of bodily functions on it.

    I knew her 2 daughters were home as I had seen the oldest laying on the living room sofa (headache) and the youngest was showing me various photos. I asked where her son was and was told that he and Duane (her husband) were out getting a cow and two pigs. Yes I said a cow and two pigs. "What on Earth do you need a cow and two pigs for," I asked? "Eventually to eat," she replied. "We had two other cows named Charlotte and ...(I forget what she said the other was named) but they died." I told her I didnt think I could ever name a cow then eat it. Well, minutes went by and Duane and Alex showed up and asked if we wanted to see the new additions.

    Out in the bed of his covered pickup were a baby cow with the biggest brown eyes and oh the piggies! They were sitting side by side like little dogs with their little pink snouts pointing in our direction. It nearly broke my heart. I'd never seen little piggies just sitting so sweetly and they wer no bigger than my sister's cocker spaniel. Not a big fan of pork, it will be a loooong loooong time before I can eat a chop.

    Ok, so off they went and I stayed on for a few minutes. We settled back on a stinky sofa in the family room and the little daughter soon came in and handed her mom a stick of gum and chomped on one herself. Ok fine, dont offer little one, I have my own gum so there. Well eventually I was able to make my excuses and be on my way. We walked back to the diningroom so I could collect my things and I see my purse, my flat bottom purse, overturned. I collected the few of my things off the floor and gave my friend a hug goodbye. Later that evening I was searching for my gum and realized it was nowhere to be found in my purse and thats right, the gum from this afternoon was mine.

    I really am miffed about this. I really like this lady, but its true that her own relatives have asked her not to bring her children to their weddings because of their behavior. It is also true that when they visited me here I was put out by their rough housing and their jumping on the furniture. I'm also disappointed because I know I will never mention the gum to her although I really want to. Hubby and I agreed that its not worth ruining a friendship over, but I really am disappointed, and angry.