~Groovin' With Soccamom~


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It is about me:
click
    follow me on Twitter

    My Bloginality is INFJ
    www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Soccamom. Make your own badge here.





    It's History
    01.04 02.04 03.04 04.04 05.04 06.04 07.04 08.04 09.04 10.04 11.04 12.04 01.05 02.05 03.05 04.05 05.05 06.05 07.05 08.05 09.05 10.05 11.05 12.05 01.06 02.06 03.06 05.06 06.06 07.06 08.06 09.06 10.06 11.06 12.06 01.07 02.07 05.07 04.08 11.08 06.11 01.12






    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    I may need to vomit.
    Most people who may be reading this don't know this about me but I love my car and although I did have a post formulating in my mind regarding my car, which I call The White Rocket, and certain cars in general, this is not that post.

    I am, like so many humans, a creature of habit and though some are more extreme than others I think I can safely establish myself more firmly on the obsessive side than the free spirit side. If I find something I like I usually stick to it until its worn out and hopefully I can replentish with a duplicate. Woe to me whenever I have to search for a new favorite pair of jeans, sunglasses, make-up, etc. So it is the same with the Rocket. She is a '95 Sunfire and yes I've had her for nearly 10 years. She is in nearly pristine condition and although I've contemplated selling her twice, it didnt work out since I started crying too badly. Have I said yet I LOVE THIS CAR.

    So today, I woke up at 5:30 am. My cat, Jae, has a habit of coming in at that time and he tries to chew my hair. I guess it was not too bad that he woke me this time since the roofers told us that they planned on being here sometime between 6 and 7. Yes, we're getting a new roof so we can't use the garage or driveway at the moment. Well, at 10 the owner finally called telling us they wouldnt be out today due to the rain. We told him its not raining here so he said he'd have his crew out. At 1:30 he called back to say that the crew leader was up all night with a toothache and made an appointment at the dentist and told his crew they had the day off. Great.

    Next, I had to travel up to see Miss Boo's soccer game. I went to the wrong school. Luckily I had a friends cell number and she gave me the correct directions enabling me to make it to the second half. We lost the game 2-0. I heard the first half was lively. The second half we sucked.

    I knew the team was having dinner at a buffet restaurant so I decided to do a little shopping. I had declared my intent to not wear shorts until I lose some weight (easy to do since none of mine fit anymore.) But since the temps have been in the mid 80's all week I thought maybe 1 pair wouldn't kill me. Well, yes they could. Nearly a size and a half larger than last year. I nearly cried on the way home.

    So, I made it home before Miss Boo called from the bus needing to be picked up and had time to call the neighbors. They are feuding with the hag behind us and I'd heard some malicious things she'd said today while on the phone. She nearly screams when she is on the phone and does it from her back patio so I figured anything I hear is fair game. The neighbors want to...need to build a fence to keep the Hag from bitching so much but although the hag said it was ok to build it on the property line today she said that if he did so she'd make him take it down and move it. To me that meant no warning but that she'd let him labor first. I had to tell him.

    So he and I were sitting at my kitchen table talking about fences (good ones make good neighbors, dontcha know) when all of a sudden we heard a huge BANG. "Was that your car," said he?

    I ran outside to see a teenager picking his fender up from under my precious Rocket. Rear ended and not in an enjoyable way. My car was parked on the street beside the house. Hugging the curb. Tires touching the curb. Past the length of the house. Even with the back patio. Rear ended me while changing a CD after he turned onto the street.

    I haven't cried yet today. I need to.