~Groovin' With Soccamom~


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It is about me:
click
    follow me on Twitter

    My Bloginality is INFJ
    www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Soccamom. Make your own badge here.





    It's History
    01.04 02.04 03.04 04.04 05.04 06.04 07.04 08.04 09.04 10.04 11.04 12.04 01.05 02.05 03.05 04.05 05.05 06.05 07.05 08.05 09.05 10.05 11.05 12.05 01.06 02.06 03.06 05.06 06.06 07.06 08.06 09.06 10.06 11.06 12.06 01.07 02.07 05.07 04.08 11.08 06.11 01.12






    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    River Walk
    The town in which I work has a lovely walking path about 5 minutes from the office near a river. The path is about 6-7 feet wide, paved and there are beautiful carved wood statues of wildlife which are actually 1/2 mile markers. This is the path I have been walking every day this week at lunchtime.

    I've been walking a mile down and back on this path even though I'm told the path is actually 2 1/2 miles long but I know thats about my limit as of now. That barely gives me time to get back to the office and nibble some lunch and return to the daily grind in an hour. I've been trying to do a modified power walk by concentrating on stretching my stride and pumping my arms in a manner that isn't too conspicuous but I sometimes find myself quite lost in my thoughts during this solitary time communing with nature and thus find it necessary to mentally prod myself along.

    However, sometimes these trains of thought can be so random and fun that I wanted to share one. I normally park at the beginning of the walkway, change into my Sauconys, lock the car and go. As I trotted along I grasped my keys and thought:

    I hope these keys don't fall into the river. (They'd have to fly out of my clenched fist, over the embankment and fall approximately 15 feet into the river.)

    If they do, of course, I'd have to go retrieve them. If I do that, I would have to take off my skirt. (It was ankle-length and silk.)

    I suppose the best thing to do would be to hang it on a tree branch but what if while wading in the river the undertow takes me? My body will be found without a skirt on and the cops will suspect a sex crime. No, I'd still have my pantyhose intact. But what if the filthy water eats the nylon?
    How can those turtles stand to swim in that water? It kind of stinks. I remember when Grandma bought me a turtle at KMart. The one I selected wasn't moving and I figured it would be a good pet. It wasn't moving because it was dead. Why does Sister like turtles so much? They just remind me of stinky dead turtles. Do you think the filth of the water will eat away the nylon of my pantyhose? I need to remember to order more of this brand of hose. If more people tried Sauconys they'd be as sold as I am. My first pair of Nikes killed my knee. Oh! A mile already. Time to turn around and retrace my steps. Do you think anyone will notice if I do a Rocky Victory dance? Better not risk it.