~Groovin' With Soccamom~


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It is about me:
click
    follow me on Twitter

    My Bloginality is INFJ
    www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Soccamom. Make your own badge here.





    It's History
    01.04 02.04 03.04 04.04 05.04 06.04 07.04 08.04 09.04 10.04 11.04 12.04 01.05 02.05 03.05 04.05 05.05 06.05 07.05 08.05 09.05 10.05 11.05 12.05 01.06 02.06 03.06 05.06 06.06 07.06 08.06 09.06 10.06 11.06 12.06 01.07 02.07 05.07 04.08 11.08 06.11 01.12






    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Cincinnati
    As promised, a little more on our anniversary trip to Cincinnati. We drove down and were able to check in early which was nice. My sweetie kept repeating how we didn't really need a suite, but I didn't seem to be able to get him to understand that the suite was $10 less than the regular room at the other hotel that we'd discussed. See? More room and less money, get it?

    After we checked in we wandered about the city in search of sustenance which we found in the form of a fun little restaurant named Margaritas. Hmmm, suits me to a T. We headed back to the room to freshen up and then departed for the fabulous Cubs game. My husband (I really need to find him a nickname) wanted to be early enough to catch a glimpse of batting practice. So, we departed the hotel at 5 o'clock to make it to the 7:10 game. (Five minute walk from the hotel.) The gates weren't yet open (imagine that) when we arrived, but what we did see was a sea of blue...Cubbie blue and maybe one or two Reds caps sprinkled here and there. As we waited for the gates to open, one of the security people we were chatting with said he was surprised they weren't opening the gates a little early considering the crowd size. He said the Reds usually only draw about eighteen thousand or so, but when the Cubs are in da house numbers skyrocket. (insert gloat) That's why we were there, too. Too expensive to get good Cubs tickets in Chicago.

    Just as the gates opened, a young girl maybe around the same age as Miss Boo swooned! I supposed it was from the heat. Fortunately, I had brought 2 bottled waters and was able to give up one. I hoped it helped.

    Inside, we found our seats to be FAB-U-LOUS! I mean fabulous! Fifth row up from the field, right next to the Reds dugout and right by first base. We, of course, made it to batting practice, but only for the Cubs. Apparently the Reds went first before gates opened. Feh. Griffey spent a good portion of the time during batting practice in the dugout so we got to see him for quite some time. He did turn away nearly every time someone tried to take a picture of him. The guy in the seat next to us (Red fan) didn't have anything good to say about Griffey. Whatever.





    The game started with a bang and some homers and just went uphill from there. As you can see from my pictures, I had a field day snapping pix of Derrek Lee and he knew it.



    I mean really. I swear he waved at me and let me snap some of those pictures. I'll never be convinced otherwise. I mean, here I was, in the later innings, standing up and snapping pictures. There was no on in the next 8 seats beside me, no one immediately behind me and he waved. He waved at me!


    By the last inning, the people in the first row had gone home and squatters had taken over their seats. Unfortunately, a ball got past my buddy, Derrek, and bounced right over the bumpers and hit some lady in the nose. Blood all over the place. Derrek came over to give her a ball and my husband kept nudging me to take his picture. He was 10 feet away. Not that time. Not when he was being a decent human being. I couldn't grab a photo under those circumstances. Maybe I'm a dork.

    Anyhow, we had a really good time at the ballpark and despite the fact that I ended up with 4 blisters, I still think I wore the right shoes.