~Groovin' With Soccamom~


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It is about me:
click
    follow me on Twitter

    My Bloginality is INFJ
    www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Soccamom. Make your own badge here.





    It's History
    01.04 02.04 03.04 04.04 05.04 06.04 07.04 08.04 09.04 10.04 11.04 12.04 01.05 02.05 03.05 04.05 05.05 06.05 07.05 08.05 09.05 10.05 11.05 12.05 01.06 02.06 03.06 05.06 06.06 07.06 08.06 09.06 10.06 11.06 12.06 01.07 02.07 05.07 04.08 11.08 06.11 01.12






    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Leadfoot
    In the five years that we've been married, my dear husband has been pulled over twice for speeding. He has, as a result, been the recipient of two speeding tickets, the most recent of which I just paid earlier this month. I was not so happy to discover that after some various other surprise expenses that popped up this summer, I now had to shell out the maximum fine that one has to pay without actually having to go to court.

    On the other hand, in the five years that we've been married, I've been pulled over about half a dozen times. So far I've not gotten a ticket yet. I've just been lucky, I guess. My husband thinks it's unfair and discriminatory (and being a former cop himself, I suppose he'd know) but I personally think it's just the luck of the draw. After all, it can't just be a woman thing because I've never had to resort to tears or stupid excuses. I just get lucky and get warnings.

    The most recent incident came last week on the way back from Cincinnati. I was the passenger all the way down and most of the way back up due to the threat of some stupid dizzy spells I'd been experiencing. My sweetie, being exhausted, finally let me drive the last hour or so back and he promptly fell asleep. All of a sudden, I was hitting his arm, telling him to wake up and buckle up.
    "Why," he groggily asked.

    "We're being pulled over."

    So up he sat, buckled up and I pulled to the side of the road and rolled down my window. The officer came to the window and asked for license (which I had ready for him) and registration (which we dug out of the glove compartment) he then proceded to inform me that he pulled me over for speeding but if my record was clean, he would only be issuing me a warning.
    "Is there anything on your record?"
    Dear husband pipes up, "No, she never gets a ticket!" Gee, thanks honey.
    The young officer kind of chuckled and said, "Do you want me to give her one?"
    To which I promtly said no and slugged my husband.

    Naturally, the record came back clean and the officer came back with my warning. I then got to hear my husband bitch for the rest of the trip about the unfairness of it all and how if we could afford it he would have insisted on the ticket just to teach me a lesson, or some similar shite.

    Some people are just sore speeders.